"To preserve the reputation of the Fraternity unsullied must be your constant care."

BE A FREEMASON

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Masonic Minute: "What the Hell Do You Guys Do?"


One of the finest Masonic essays I've ever read appeared today on the Masonic Minute blog, entitled "What The hell Do You Guys Do?"

I don't know who you are, my brother, but you have managed to say what thousands have never been unable to put into words. Thank you.

It does it an injustice to excerpt it, I know, but I can't resist.

(T)here is no simple answer. If you want a simple answer, go away. We don’t want people who want simple answers. The days of “McMasonry” are fading fast…and not soon enough. For too long our Craft was worried about the number of new guys we could get in the door. We ignored the fact that we were not learning and teaching and reasoning. We did not care that we were turning our back on the very thinking tradition that allowed us to break-open the way the Western World thinks and reasons. We got lazy about our intellectual curiosity, we got sloppy with our ritual and worst of all, we lost contact with our communities.

So what is it that we DO? Right now, we are rebuilding the Fraternity...


Go. Read the whole thing.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kudos. I think the key to this whole transformation of the Fraternity is that most ignored of Tenets...Truth.
    I just say it like I see it. Thanks for visiting MasonicMinute.com

    ReplyDelete

ATTENTION!
SIGN YOUR NAME OR OTHERWISE IDENTIFY YOURSELF IN YOUR COMMENT POSTS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT.
Your comments will not appear immediately because I am forced to laboriously screen every post. I'm constantly bombarded with spam. Depending on the comments being made, anonymous postings on Masonic topics may be regarded with the same status as cowans and eavesdroppers, as far as I am concerned. If you post with an unknown or anonymous account, do not automatically expect to see your comment appear.